One of the UK’s most innovative law firms is looking for a PR Executive to join the award-winning marketing team. This fast-paced, vibrant and dynamic team would suit someone who is creative, has a passion for writing and a proven-track record of creating high-quality written communication, and the ability to spot newsworthy topics and emerging issues.
Reporting to the PR & Communications Manager, the successful candidate will spend their day working closely with the Manager to proactively drive press activity in line with business development and marketing campaigns and initiatives as well as liaising with senior lawyers on a daily basis to identify and cultivate media opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reading the daily newspapers, online sources and social media to identify hot topics and PR opportunities.
- Working with lawyers to generate news stories and PR hooks targeting key national, trade and regional press.
- Drafting and distributing press releases.
- Building and maintaining accurate media lists.
- Tracking and distributing media coverage.
- Reviewing and editing articles drafted by lawyers to ensure they can be understood by all audiences.
- Writing articles, social media posts and other content.
- Helping to source and draft content for the internal magazine.
- Assisting with the reporting of PR activities.
- Assisting with other duties as required by the PR & Communications Manager.
The candidate will be based remotely but will be required to travel to Keystone’s Central Office in Chancery Lane, London, for meetings and other firm events as and when needed. Keystone’s Central Office is home to 55 staff who support the 400+ lawyers throughout the UK.
Ideal applicants will:
- Be educated to degree level or have exceptional A-level qualifications in journalism, PR and communications or similar.
- Have previous PR or communications experience.
- Be able to research, write and edit compelling content.
- Be well presented and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills – must be able to juggle competing priorities and manage a range of activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Be able to build rapport with colleagues and lawyers remotely.
- Be confident with computers and have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please note that experience of a professional services environment would be beneficial, but not necessary, for this role.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.